Puff Pastry Caprese Cups! All my favorite flavors packed into an EASY Puff Pastry cup. YUM! Puff pastry topped with mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, and a sweet balsamic reduction. Too delicious!
I live with a very picky eater. Pat loves only the simplest recipes, and he is very hard to please with what I cook! If something is too complicated or involved…chances are he won’t like it. I hit the jackpot with these EASY Puff Pastry Caprese Cups. HE LOVED THEM. He has eaten them for days…and can’t wait for me to make more. YAY! (Be sure to check out our other favorite Easy Caprese Recipe!)
To me (and Pat apparently), simple caprese flavors are the best flavors in the world. Tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil, prosciutto, and balsamic reduction. It just doesn’t get any better. These caprese cups are delish hot or cold and the perfect party appetizer!
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- 1 cup whole milk mozzarella chopped into cubes
- 4 large leafs fresh basil chopped
- 4 slices prosciutto sliced and crisped optional
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 puff pastry dough two sheets each cut into 6 pieces. 12 pieces total., thawed according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, cheese, basil, and prosciutto in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Once dough is thawed, place each piece into a greased muffin tin. Push down so that all sides are fully in tin, creating a cup with each piece of dough.
- Fill each cup with the tomato mixture.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until dough is slightly browned and mixture is bubbling.
- While cups are cooking, heat vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the duration of the cook time.
- Once cups are done, pour a teaspoon of balsamic reduction over each cup.
- Serve warm.