Shrimp and Goat Cheese Tartlets! An elegant and delicious appetizer for any party. Puff pastry rounds topped with tomatoes, feta, and tomatoes. Simple yet so delicious!
So…it officially snowed this weekend. I wasn’t ready. We don’t have a snow shovel. We are never prepared! But now that it’s officially winter…I can officially post holiday recipes, right? I have a great appetizer for you today. Shrimp and Goat Cheese Tarts. Beautiful, delicious, and as always, EASY! First and foremost, easy. People will be impressed, it can be our little secret!
Table of Contents
Why these Goat Cheese Tartlets are so good
- Super simple! 5 mins to prep and only 15 mins baking time – so easy!
- Addictive and delicious. Flaky puff pastry topped with creamy goat cheese and plump shrimp – so good.
- Perfect for parties. This is such a crowd pleaser, packed with flavor and they look great.
- Puff Pastry: Packaged puff pastry works great, Pillsbury is my go to.
- Goat Cheese: Ideally go for good quality with a bit of seasoning, like garlic and herb flavor.
- Thyme: Fresh is best.
- Shrimp: Cooked with tails off.
- Green Onion: Diced.
How to make these Goat Cheese Tarts
Be sure to scroll to the bottom for the full recipe
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, time and onion, then set aside. Now make your puff pastry bases, unroll your thawed pastry and cut out circles.
Then top each circle with the tomato mix, goat cheese and bake for 10 mins. Finally place 1-2 shrimp on top of each goat cheese tart. Cook for a further 5 mins.
Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Appetizers great for parties and potlucks
The holidays bring all sorts of cooking opportunities, even for people who are rarely in the kitchen. I remember back before I learned how to cook (I probably shouldn’t use “learned” in past tense…it’s more of an ongoing thing…), Christmas and Thanksgiving would always give me party anxiety. All of those parties and potlucks. All of these places I needed to contribute a dish. Pat and I would almost always stop by the closest Buffalo Wild Wings before heading to friends houses. Tasty yes, but also embarrassing. No more!
They look intricate and involved, but really they are so easy. Impress your friends and family, delight your tastebuds, and no one has to know the truth. You can make these beauties in under 20 minutes and be out the door. That’s quicker than a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings!
I’m obsessed. These Shrimp and Goat Cheese Tarts might just be the perfect holiday appetizer! Enjoy!
Can you make these Tartlets ahead of time?
Yes, of course! This is why I love this recipe so much. All you have to do is make the tarts, assemble and keep in the tin, cover and refrigerate. Then 5 minutes before guests arrive, add the shrimp, heat and serve!
Top Tips for these Goat Cheese Tartlets
- You can use frozen shrimp, thawed.
- Make sure to scour the edge of the puff pastry circles baking baking – this allows the pastry to rise.
- You can use a cocktail glass to cut out the pastry circles evenly.
- Garlic and herb flavored goat cheese works great for an added herby punch.
Other delicious cheese appetizers
- Loaded Rotel Dip (Velveeta Cheese Dip!)
- White Queso Recipe (EASY Queso Dip)
- Best Cheese Ball Recipe
- Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe (Beer Cheese Spread)
Have you tried these Goat Cheese Tartlets? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!