Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Sliders with Guinness Mustard are a fun and festive appetizer or meal, perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Louis knows how to do Saint Patrick’s Day. There are two parades every year, a big celebration downtown, and then a family clan parade that’s held in the traditionally Irish part of town, Dogtown. It is SO much fun, I wish you could all come! The parade is filled with families, the streets are lined with people having a great time, and lots and lots of Corned Beef and Cabbage is washed down with green beer! The best!
These super simple Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Sliders (with Guinness Mustard!) make it easy to join in the celebration, even if you can’t make the Dogtown Parade.
These are so flavorful and require very little effort…my kind of meal. I know that doesn’t surprise you! :)
Happy St. Patrick’s Day all!
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice package
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup potatoes, diced
- 1 cup white onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons Guinness (or stout beer)
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 8 sweet rolls, cut in half to make buns (I used King's Hawaiian)
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- Place water, sugar, and vinegar in a large slow cooker on high heat. Add brisket and spice packet to mixture. Place potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery on all sides of brisket. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Whisk together both mustards, Guinness, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- When brisket is fully cooked, slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Stack 3-4 brisket slices on bottom half of bun, topped with coleslaw. Spread mustard on top part of bun to complete your slider. Serve with the veggie mixture. Enjoy!