Spicy BBQ Chicken Tostadas are the perfect EASY Summer meal. Fun for both kids and adults!
My mom recently reminded me of one of my favorite Summer meals when we were growing up. We would throw a tortilla in the microwave, covered with cheese and salsa, wait for the beep, and be on our Summer fun way. Tostadas!! Doesn’t every kid love easy food like that? As an adult, I still love the ease of such a meal, but I want some grown up flavors. Flavors like BBQ chicken, fresh cilantro, black beans, jalapeños, and lots of cheese. REAL cheese. Have I gotten your attention yet? As a kid, I’m pretty sure my cheese of choice was the kind that comes in plastic packets and only has to contain 51% real cheese. That doesn’t quite work for me now. I want the real stuff. I am IN LOVE with Sargento® Slices; 100% real, natural cheese with only 5 ingredients. There’s really no competition when it comes to real versus processed cheese. I should have chosen this Sargento Pepper Jack Natural Cheese Slices as a kid, and I DEFINITELY choose it now. Creamy, real, delicious. The best.
I also didn’t make these Spicy BBQ Chicken Tostadas in a microwave (not to bash that method…because in my former life microwaves were my JAM).
I thought they’d be much more fun, and more perfect for Summer, by throwing them on the grill! You can make them stove-top, or on your outdoor grill in no time. Trust me, when I say a recipe is easy, it really is.
Be sure to click HERE to learn more about REAL vs. processed cheese and see all the awesome varieties Sargento offers! You’ll never look back. Enjoy!
10 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
16 minTotal Time
- 4 small corn tortillas
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 pound shredded rotisserie chicken, tossed completely in your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 slices Sargento Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese or feta crumbles (optional)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- jalapenos for garnish
- more BBQ sauce for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Lightly spray the front and back of each tortilla with olive oil spray (very lightly)
- Place each tortilla down on the grill and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip each tortilla and top with one slice of cheese, followed by beans, followed by BBQ chicken. Allow to continue cooking for about 2 more minutes, or until tortillas are fully crispy and browned on the edges.
- Take off of grill and place on a plate.
- Top each tortilla with blue cheese or feta crumbles (optional) fresh cilantro, and 2-3 jalapenos. Drizzle with more BBQ sauce.
- Serve hot, enjoy!
Compensation for this post was provided by Sargento Foods via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sargento or AOL.