There’s a new snack in town. just in time for the holidays – Sriracha Maple Oyster Crackers! These sweet, tangy, savory little pillows of goodness are perfect for parties and so easy to make.
One thing i always think of when i think of the holidays are homemade treats. usually i think of sweets, cookies and fudge and all of that good stuff, but i also think of the salty variety! our favorite snack for the holidays is my mom’s FAMOUS chex party mix. omg. you have to try it. i have visions of my dad eating this by the bag-full while watching chiefs football :)
These Sriracha Maple Oyster Crackers are so simple and will be the hit of your party! sometimes its the simple recipes that are the biggest hits. i have a feeling this will be one of those recipes. they will make you famous!
Table of Contents
Why they are so good
- An addictive combination of sweet, tangy, salty and savory.
- So easy to make.
- A great batch snack, perfect for parties or movie night.
- You can adjust for the perfect level of spiciness.
- Oyster Crackers – go for plain, so the flavors we add will balance out.
- Sriracha – adjust to the level of your liking.
- Maple Syrup – go for the real stuff for the best flavor.
- Butter – unsalted.
How to make Sriracha maple Oyster Crackers
There are no oysters in oyster crackers — they are wheat flour-based crackers that have a flavor similar to saltine crackers but with less salt. Oyster crackers are docked (holes are made in the dough) and slow baked at low temperatures until crisp, and their flavors can range from bland to a little bit buttery. They make the perfect base for this addictive recipe!
What Is Sriracha Sauce?
Sriracha is all the rage…and for good reason. Its so fresh and delicious. Sriracha is made of chili peppers, sugar, garlic, distilled vinegar, and salt. Its consistency varies between brands- Huy Fong’s sauce is similar in consistency to ketchup, and the original Sriraja Panich has a thinner, more liquid consistency.
I don’t like super spicy things, so the maple syrup (use the real stuff!) really cuts the spice. a great combination. this was all mom’s idea…good job mom!
Storing These Oyster Crackers
These Oyster Crackers are also great because you can make a large quantity, and then freeze for later! Place crackers in plastic freezer bags or wrap them in plastic wrap. Wrap them again in aluminum foil to help protect the crackers from moisture and freezer burn. They should last 6 months.
But beware…its pretty tempting knowing they’re just sitting in the freezer waiting for you when you get home…they’ll be gone in no time :)
Top Tips for Sriracha Maple Oyster Crackers
- Ideally go for natural maple syrup, for the best depth of flavor.
- Adjust the level of sriracha to for the desired spiciness!
- Make sure to stir the crackers every 20 mins when baking them.
- Allow the crackers to cool before eating.
- Store in an airtight container, or freeze for up to 6 months.
Check out these other delicious snacks
- Homemade Chex Mix Recipe (BEST Party Mix)
- Baked Chicken Wings Recipe (BEST Seasoning!)
- Classic Sausage Balls Recipe (Bisquick Sausage Balls)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese and Pecans
Have you tried these Sriracha Maple Oyster Crackers? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!