Prosciutto Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates are sweet, salty, savory, and amazing! Dates stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped with prosciutto, and drizzled with balsamic reduction. The perfect party appetizer!
Dates don’t get as much attention as they deserve! They are versatile, sweet and great in savory dishes. Come on let’s show them a bit of love. These stuffed dates make for such an awesome appetizer, salty prosciutto hugs a sweet date, filled with creamy and tangy goats cheese. These ain’t bland, these are deliciously addictive.
Why these stuffed dates are so good
- Easy. 3 ingredients, 10 mins prep and then in the oven for 15 – done!
- Delicious. The perfect combo of sweet, salty and creamy, these won’t last long.
- Perfect Party Food. You can make a big batch for pennies per app, plus they look great!
- Cheese: Good quality goat cheese.
- Dates: Pitted. Medjool or Sunkist are great but use your favorite brand.
- Prosciutto: Cut into thin strips.
How to make these Stuffed Dates
Be sure to scroll to the bottom for the full recipe
Make a small slice into each date and stuff with a tsp of goat cheese, then wrap in a strip of prosciutto. Place the dates, seam side down on a baking sheet, then bake for around 15 mins.
Serve and Enjoy!
A popular appetizer
I keep seeing these pop up on the menus of my favorite restaurants, in recipes on my favorite blogs, and all over pinterest. I decided not to judge a book by its cover. HALLELUJAH! These are AMAZING. They’re weird looking
ugly, but dannnnnnnnnnnnnnng do they taste good. Like, bring me all of the stuffed dates. Now.
We had a little wine tasting party last weekend (click HERE to see the post about the party, as well as other favorite wine pairings from the night!), and these puppies were so popular! Even to my picky-eater husband. He was scared…but pleasantly surprised. I’m guessing that’s the normal reaction to stuffed dates.
Oh, and they’re SO easy. That’s how I roll! Get some!
What cheese goes with date?
I used goat cheese, which is lovely and tangy, it pairs wonderully with the prosciutto. But you can try other cheeses! Stuff pitted dates with your soft cheese of choice. For something mild and creamy, go for ricotta. For something a sharp, go for cheddar. Or for something a little wild, go for blue cheese.
Balsamic drizzled Stuffed Dates
They were perfect with topped with a simple balsamic reduction, while sipping on some red wine of course. Sweet, savory, salty; all in one. Just another reason to try new things. I’m so glad I didn’t go through life never trying these tasty little weirdos.
- Drizzle with some balsamic for extra tang!
- You can add a toothpick into each date, if you want added ease for the guests.
- If you have dates with pits. Using a small serrated or paring knife, slice 1/4″–1/8″ down lengthwise into the date. You should hit the pit. Pull open the date and remove pit.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Other delicious appetizers
- Cheesy Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Easy Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe
- Crab Rangoon Dip
Have you tried these Stuffed Dates? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!