You should make a triple batch of these SWEET & SPICY BACON WRAPPED TATER TOTS because they’re always gone in seconds! Spices and and little sweetness make this easy appetizer a favorite for the holidays and tailgating. SO ADDICTING.
A few years ago I posted one of our favorite holiday appetizers, Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts. Those pictures are HORRENDOUS (hello 2012) but the recipe is so so so good (I should rephotograph them). They’re always a favorite and gone before we know it. I love the crunch, the flavor, and the ease.
These Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are similar, but I feel they’re a big upgrade. Not only are they just as easy, but they have a soft yet crispy potato center, just the right amount of sugar and spice, and of course lots of bacon. They’re pop-able, bite sized, and so fun. Is it okay if I eat 10-20 myself? Like I said, you better make a triple batch.
This is one of those appetizers that you can prep really quick, bake, and eat within minutes. It’s great to take to a part on a baking sheet and cook there, so its nice and hot for your friends and family. You can dip them in any of your favorite sauces, or eat them on their own. We love them for family parties throughout the year, but especially for Christmas, New Years Eve, and of course THE SUPER BOWL.
I’m stocking up on all the great appetizers for the big game for the ultimate party. We have you covered with Guacamole Egg Rolls, Baked Provolone, Pepper Jelly Hogs in a Blanket, Bacon Ranch Fries, and more. You’re in the right place if you’re looking for any and every starter!
Get to cooking! Christmas is only a couple of days away and we need all the best appetizers for the big day. This one is a keeper.
You should make a triple batch of these SWEET & SPICY BACON WRAPPED TATER TOTS because they're always gone in seconds! Spices and and little sweetness make this easy appetizer a favorite for the holidays and tailgating. SO ADDICTING.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
5 based on 3 review(s)
- 24 frozen tater tots, room temperature
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and the cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar/cayenne pepper mix on top of the bacon and rub the mixture into the bacon.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 4 equal pieces.
- Wrap the bacon around the tot and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the tot seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the process with all tater tots.
- Bake the tots at 400°F for 20-25 minutes and flip halfway through cooking.
- Cool, to touch, and serve.
- Note – If making the tots the day ahead, allow them to cool, after cooking, to room temperature and refrigerate in an airtight container overnight. When ready to serve, reheat the tots in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until hot.