The Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe is a mix of the best flavors. It starts with the sweet tea pork tenderloin brine, next is the perfect dry rub for pork, then you cook the pork tenderloin in the oven, and finally sear it at the end. Top it off with a tasty honey bourbon sauce and serve it with Pimento Cheese Grits!
Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe
This Sweet Tea Pork Tenderloin is the BEST pork tenderloin recipe because it has the absolute best combination of flavors!
I love pork tenderloin, so trust me when I say this is the Best Pork Tenderloin recipe when it comes to amazing and interesting flavor. There are a lot of steps, a lot of time, and a lot of different ingredients involved, but it’s all well worth it because it comes together to create the juiciest, most flavorful pork dish!
- We begin by submerging the pork in a pot full of a sweet tea pork tenderloin brine for up to 8 hours (you can set this up in the refrigerator before you leave for work in the morning).
- Then we move on to the perfect dry rub for pork tenderloin and apply that to the meat.
- We cook it in the oven, and then follow it up by searing it in a skillet.
- Before serving, drizzle on the honey bourbon sauce!
- I recommend serving it with Pimento Cheese Grits and Molasses Green Beans.
Are you drooling yet? I’m so obsessed with those combination of flavors, and I think it is truly one of the best pork recipes. So juicy and tender!
Follow the Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe to make this amazing Sweet Tea Pork Dish!
Sweet Tea Pork Tenderloin Brine
The sweet tea pork brine is the highlight of the best pork tenderloin recipe. Soaking the pork in a sweet tea based liquid for a few hours gives it the best flavor!
Sweet Tea Pork Tenderloin Brine Ingredients:
- Sweet Tea
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Bay Leaves
- Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Thyme
How to Make the Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Making pork tenderloin in the oven gives it a chance to soak up all the flavors of the sweet tea brine and the dry rub, so it can all just melt through the meat. It comes out so juicy, tender, and delicious!
Here are a few tips to make the BEST pork tenderloin:
- Let the pork sit in the sweet tea pork tenderloin brine for 4-8 hours, in the refrigerator
- AFTER that, pat the meat dry and apply the dry rub
- Cook the pork at 275°F for 35-45 minutes
- After cooking the pork in the oven, you will sear them in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Ideal Pork Internal Temperatures: 140-145°F
- The best pork tenderloin recipe is best served with a honey bourbon sauce along with Pimento Cheese Grits!
- Check the recipe card for full instructions
Dry Rub for Pork Tenderloin
I made a special dry rub for pork tenderloin and I absolutely love it. You’ll be applying the dry rub AFTER the pork has soaked in the sweet tea brine. This dry rub contains brown sugar, smoke paprika, cumin, garlic & onion powder, chili powder, and salt & pepper. Get the full recipe here for the Best Pork Dry Rub.
Honey Bourbon Sauce for Pork
Honey Bourbon is one of my favorite flavor combinations! It’s so sweet and smooth, and it’s the perfect thing to pair with this sweet tea soaked pork. I think this honey bourbon sauce is the perfect way to top off the best pork tenderloin recipe!
How to make Honey Bourbon Sauce:
- Combine bourbon, beef broth, bay leaf, thyme, & black pepper, and bring to a boil
- Then lower heat & simmer until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup
- Mix cornstarch & cold water, then add to bourbon sauce
- Bring to a boil again until it thickens
- Then add butter & whisk until smooth
Drizzle (or slather) this delicious honey bourbon sauce over the pork before serving!
I know you’ll love this delicious Sweet Tea Pork Tenderloin just as much as I do!
See the recipe card for details on how to make the Best Pork Tenderloin Recipe. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, try these other pork recipes:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Sandwich
- Pan Fried Honey Pork Chops & Bourbon
- Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops
- Sangria Pork Carnitas
- One Pan Apple Butter Pork Chops
- Pork Dumplings
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Stuffing Stuffed Pork Roast