Taco Stuffed French Bread Baguette is our FAVORITE way to wow a crowd for Summer get togethers! The ultimate appetizer sure to please.
(note: this recipe was originally published in July 2015 but I thought it deserved a reboot! It’s been a favorite ever since. Enjoy!)
LOOK AT ALL THAT OOEY GOOEY CHEESE! Every party needs a showstopper. Look no further. This Taco Stuffed French Bread Baguette will be the star of ANY get together; is the perfect appetizer, or even the perfect meal! You guys know I love cheese. Someone send help!
I started working with Old El Paso in June, and I’ve been blown away by the versatility of their delicious products. You might remember me heading to San Diego (and eating all the Mexican food the city had to offer!) and coming right home to make my Cheesy Mexican Lasagna Bake. I knew right away this was going to be the perfect partnership for me! It’s so fun to be creative with Mexican food. It doesn’t have to be all tacos and fajitas. This Taco Stuffed French Bread Baguette brings the spice, flavor, and fun. I used Old El Paso Green Chilis and Taco Seasoning, two of my favorite things! Next time I’m going to make it even spicier by using their Jalapeños. OH YES!
Enjoy!! For more amazing recipes and fun recipe inspiration, be sure to go to Old El Paso’s blog. I’m blown away by people’s creativity, so many awesome ideas on that site.
This recipe was inspired by the AMAZING Nagi over at Recipe Tin Eats! She has quickly become one of my very favorite bloggers and if you’re not following her you are MISSING OUT!! Check out her Cheesy Jalapeño Bacon Stuffed Baguette HERE.
- 12 ounces ground chuck or ground beef
- 1 (4.5) ounce can Old El Paso green chilis
- 1 (1 ounce) package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 x 20" French Bread Baguette, fully cooked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cook ground chuck or beef in large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in taco seasoning. Stir until browned and fully cooked. Drain beef of oil and return to the skillet.
- Stir in green chilis, and salsa until fully combined.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, meat mixture, cilantro, and both types of cheeses.
- Cut the ends off of the baguette and cut bread into quarters.
- Using a long bread knife, cut the middle section out of the bread. Leave about a 1/2 inch wall around the outside of the bread.
- Fill each section of bread with the cream cheese mixture. Be careful not to break the outside layer of bread as you fill it.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, and sea salt.
- Lay the bread together on a piece of foil. Brush with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with more cilantro if desired.
- Wrap completely in the foil.
- Place foil wrapped bread in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until inside is fully melted and the bread is browned.
- Serve warm, enjoy!
- Notes: If you would like the bread to be spicy, you can add Old El Paso Jalapenos as well! Chop 1/4 cup Jalapenos and add in to the cream cheese mixture.
- Keep the bread wrapped in foil until right before serving. This will help the cheese to stay melty and delicious!
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!