Comforting and delicious Vanilla Lavender Scones! Tea Time anyone??
I have totally fallen in love with lavender lately. I have a lavender mist for our sheets to make going to bed sweeter, I’m OBSESSED with our Lavender Lemonade, and now these pretty little Vanilla Lavender Scones. Perfect for tea time, breakfast, a mid-day snack, or anytime in between!
These are so cozy and comforting. Reminds me of high school history class when we all made scones…LONG before the days when I had ever cooked for fun.
These Vanilla Lavender Scones are a bit better, I must say!
I love the subtle lavender flavor. I added the purple food coloring for fun, but that is totally optional. It will taste the same without it :)
Lets all be classy tea time friends!! Enjoy :)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp lavender buds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR GLAZE:
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- purple food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325Â°F and grease a scone pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, lavender buds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in egg, butter, whipping cream, and vanilla. A crumbly dough will come together.
- You can either use a scone pan or turn out your dough onto a prepared baking sheet and cut into wedges. I chose a pan for convenience.
- Bake about 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch. They will rise slightly.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- While they are cooling, prepare your glaze. Mix together the powdered sugar with the milk until you achieve your desired consistency. For a more opaque glaze, add more sugar. Add food coloring if you desire, but that is completely optional.
- Drizzle cooled scones with glaze and allow to set for 15 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!