One Pot Couscous Chicken with Bacon and Corn
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
This Chicken Couscous recipe with Bacon and Corn will be your new favorite one pot chicken dinner! I love that this one pot chicken and couscous recipe is a main course and side dish all in one, baked together in flavorful goodness. This delicious chicken couscous dish takes little effort to make and there's virtually zero cleanup!
- ¾ cup original Moroccan-style Couscous
- 6 chicken thighs we used bone in with skin but you can use whatever kind you prefer
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion minced
- 6 cloves garlic peeled but left whole
- 2½ cups heavy cream or half and half milk can be substituted, but it can curdle
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed (Green Giant Roasted Corn is great)
- 1 lemon (half will be used in the dish and half will be used as garnish)
- 2 radishes very thinly sliced
- Extra crisped bacon
- Chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed Lemon juice
Cook couscous according to package directions.
Season the chicken thighs, on both sides, with salt & pepper
In a large skillet, cook the bacon pieces just until lightly browned and just crispy. Transfer bacon, with a slotted spoon, to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease, and refrigerate the remainder for later use.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet with the rendered bacon fat.
Heat the bacon fat/oil, over medium heat until the oil has a sheen.
Place the thighs, top side down, in the skillet. Brown the chicken until golden, and transfer to another paper towel-lined plate.
Add minced onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until onion is translucent and garlic softens.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cooked couscous; cook until couscous begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir often.
Add the cream, thyme sprigs, salt, pepper and all except 2 tablespoons crisped bacon; bring to a simmer. Stir.
Add chicken thighs, crisp side up. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir in corn and thyme leaves. Drizzle with the juice from 1 lemon.
Cover and cook until liquid has almost evaporated, 15-20 minutes.
Place a scoop of the couscous mixture on a serving plate and top with one chicken thigh. Garnish with radish slices, reserved bacon, parsley and squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Calories: 907kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 72g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 265mg | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1610IU | Vitamin C: 18.5mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 1.9mg