Strawberry Shortcake Pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PIE is the ultimate Summer sweet treat! Layers of strawberries, cream, and pound cake make for an easy strawberry shortcake recipe that is sure to please.
- 10- inch deep-dish pie crust baked and cooled (store-bought crust is fine)
- 1 16 oz Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake cut into ¼-inch slices
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cups confectioner’s powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate melting chips melted
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared whipped topping
- 2 pints fresh strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 16 oz. tub strawberry glaze
- Optional Garnishes & Decorations:
- Whipped cream or whipped topping melted chocolate, melted white chocolate, strawberries, mint leaves
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat on HIGH until light and smooth. Add powdered sugar, melted white chocolate, almond extract and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Set aside.
For the Strawberry Glaze:
Set aside 4 strawberries to slice and use as decoration/garnish.
Mix together the remaining sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze. Set aside.
Spread ½ cream cheese filling over the prepared pie crust.
Place cake slices over the cream cheese filling-cut the cake slices to cover the holes where needed.
Spread ½ strawberry mixture over the cream cheese filling.
Place cake slices over strawberry mixture.
Spread ½ cream cheese filling over the cake layer.
Spread ½ strawberry mixture over cream cheese filling.
Decorate the strawberry top layer with dollops of Cool Whip, drizzle with melted chocolate or white chocolate, strawberries and mint leaves.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 156mg | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 7% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 9.8% | Iron: 10%