Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
the perfect croutons for any salad. take your salad from good, to amazing! enjoy.
- 1 Baguette of day-old bread or 6-8 slices of Texas Toast or whatever bread you like
- 8 T Butter
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 1/4 t. Kosher Salt or whatever kind you have
- 1/4 t. Lowry's Seasoned Salt or Penzeys 4s Seasoned Salt
- 3 dashes Lemon Pepper
- 3 dashes Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 t. Bouquet Garni or dried parsley or another herb you like
- 1/2 t. Garlic Pwdr.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Cube the bread to the size you desire.
In a large skillet, melt the butter.
Add all seasonings.
Add the bread and stir until the bread is well coated.
Spread the buttered bread evenly onto the cookie sheet.
Place in the preheated 325 degree oven.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Turn off the oven, but do NOT open the door.
Leave the croutons in the oven at least two hours or overnight.
Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 34mg | Vitamin A: 7.1% | Calcium: 2.8% | Iron: 5.6%