Chicken Enchilada Mexican Pasta Salad
Mexican Pasta Salad is filled with all the best Tex-Mex flavors. This Chicken Enchilada Pasta Salad is made with chicken, black beans, corn, cilantro, cheese, enchilada sauce, and so much more! It's such an easy chicken pasta salad recipe, and it's sure to please.
- 16 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ ounce Taco Seasoning Click for Homemade Recipe!
- ¾ cup Red Enchilada Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream***
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 11 ounce can Mexican Corn, fully drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, fully drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional add-ins: 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- More sour cream and cilantro for garnish
- ***to make this healthier sub Greek yogurt for the sour cream and leave out the cheese!
Bring a pot of 5-6 quarts salted water to a boil.
Add in the pasta and cook for 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
Meanwhile, coat each chicken breast with the taco seasoning, liberally on each side.
Add the olive oil to a nonstick skillet and heat over medium/high heat. Add in the chicken and cook for 7-10 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, until chicken is cooked through. Cut with a knife to make sure the chicken is fully cooked. When cooked, cut into strips and set aside.
When pasta is cooked, drain in a colander and place in a large bowl.
Mix in the remaining ingredients: enchilada sauce, sour cream, lime juice, corns, bean, cilantro, onion, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Lastly stir in the chicken.
Top with more sour cream and cilantro.
Serve cold or hot, enjoy!
***to make spicier, add in the optional jalapeños and hot sauce. To make it healthier, sub Greek yogurt for the sour cream and leave out the cheese!
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 483mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 505IU | Vitamin C: 3.1mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 1.2mg