Margarita Guacamole Dip Recipe with Tequila
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Guacamole Dip is a staple for game day, Cinco de Mayo, and summer parties. This delicious Margarita Guacamole Dip recipe is the perfect party dip, and it's so easy to make too. The secret? A bit of tequila mixed into the guacamole for an extra kick!
- 3-4 avocados scooped out of the skin and chopped
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion diced and sauteed or caramelized
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced or 1 clove of garlic minced*
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 lime juice only
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped or 1 t. dried cilantro flakes
- 1-2 teaspoon tequila opt. but a great idea from our friend Susie G.
Heat 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil in a skillet.
Add onion and saute until softened and translucent.
Add chopped garlic (if using) and saute with the onion for 1 minute.
Sprinkle the onion and garlic with 1 t. brown sugar, cook for 1 minute.
Take the onion & garlic off the heat to cool before mixing into the avocado mixture.
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mash together gently, but leave the avocado a little chunky (at least that is how I love it).
*I use prepared garlic in a jar. Usually found in the produce department in most grocery stores.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.7mg