red pepper & goat cheese chicken alfredo
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
the delicious and savory meal is SO easy and your entire family will love it!
- 1 cup roasted red pepper i used a storebought jar...you can roast them yourself. see blog for link
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1 cup garlic & herb goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. linguine cooked to al dente
- 1 - 2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
saute garlic approximately 7 minutes until brown and tender
Pour in cream, goat cheese, salt & pepper.
Stir to melt the cheese and keep on low heat to continue to thicken.
add peppers to sauce and continue to stir. remove from heat.
pour sauce into food processor or use an immersion blender to blend up peppers (be sure to submerge the entire head of the immersion blender in the sauce...or you'll have a mess on your hands) :)
put the sauce back over low heat and add cooked chicken strips or shredded chicken. continue stirring.
add in parmesan cheese and stir some more
toss in cooked pasta and make sure its coated completely.
use salt, pepper to taste and garnish with parsley and more parmesan cheese if desired
Calories: 691kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 288mg | Iron: 2.3mg