Balsamic Glazed Mediterranean Chicken Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This easy Mediterranean Chicken Bake is our favorite "dump and bake" casserole! Throw everything together (balsamic glazed chicken, cheese, white beans, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and more) and cook for an EASY dinner recipe!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil I used Star Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs I used thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14 oz can or jar of marinated artichoke hearts I used Star Grilled Artichokes
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes left whole
- 1 14 oz. can white beans drained & rinsed
- 3/4 cup whole salted cashews
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls whole milk mozzarella
- 4 fresh sprigs of fresh oregano chopped
Marinate the chicken breast in balsamic vinegar for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a 9x13 casserole dish, add beans, cashews, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and onion.
Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat olive oil in large skillet and brown the chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes on each side. (The chicken will be browned, but not cooked through. it will finish cooking in the oven.)
Nestle the browned chicken into the casserole dish, allowing it to just sit on top of all the other ingredients. Brush with more balsamic vinegar.
Add the chicken broth to the dish and lay in the oregano.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
Remove from the oven and add in the mozzarella.
Serve over rice, pasta, or just by itself!!
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 1534mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1290IU | Vitamin C: 40.3mg | Calcium: 197mg | Iron: 5.4mg