Enchilada Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Your family will love this ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPER CASSEROLE, an easy weeknight meal so delicious and full of flavor.
- 2 8 ounce packages low fat cream cheese
- 1 ounce Taco Seasoning Click for Homemade Recipe!
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 4.5 ounce can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 green bell peppers chopped into large pieces, seeds removed
- 2 red bell peppers chopped into large pieces, seeds removed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese divided
- diced tomatoes and cilantro for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 30-40 seconds or until softened. Mix in the taco seasoning, corn, beans, tomatoes, chiles, enchilada sauce, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Stir in the rice and ½ cup of each of the cheeses until fully combined. Set aside.
Spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray. I used a 10” round dish, but you can also use a 9x13.
Start by making a layer of the green peppers along the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the rice mixture, and use a spoon to smooth out as much as possible.
Layer in the red peppers and top with last half of the rice mixture. Top with the remaining ½ cup of each of the cheeses and sprinkle with more cilantro.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted and the casserole is fully heated through.
Remove from the oven and top with more cilantro and diced tomatoes. Serve immediately.
This is a vegetarian version, but it’s also delicious with meat added in! Add in some browned hamburger or rotisserie chicken (about 1 ½ cups) for some extra flavor!
To make this dish a bit healthier, you can scale back on the cheese. You can leave the shredded cheese out all together, or just add a sprinkle on top, up to you!
Calories: 778kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 1916mg | Potassium: 930mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 82.2% | Vitamin C: 170% | Calcium: 57.1% | Iron: 17%