Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 24 - 30 cookies
The Brown Sugar Cookies are made with light brown sugar, butter, and chocolate chips. They're super easy to whip up and without a doubt my favorite cookie ever. Trust me they're addictive!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Cream butter until smooth; add sugars, and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Into a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop 2 tablespoons dough per cookie onto prepared baking sheets; space dough at least 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. This allows for approximately 6 cookies per sheet.
Bake until golden, 9-11 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets, and allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking racks.
Top Tips for Making the Best Brown Sugar Cookies
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before creaming.
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop out the dough. This will help you get even sized cookies.
- You can use any kind of chocolate chips you like for this recipe.
- I use light brown sugar to make these cookies if you use dark brown the cookies will be much darker in appearance and have a richer caramelized flavor.
- You can make these cookies immediately or put the dough, covered in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
- Make sure to line your baking tray with parchment paper so the cookies don't stick.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack or plate. If you try to move them straight from the oven they will be too soft and break.
- My mom says to tell you Ghirardelli chips are a must.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 265mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 10.7% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 4.7% | Iron: 7.3%