Cheesy Green Bean and Corn Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Green Bean and Corn Casserole is a classic holiday side dish that fills me with nostalgia. This homemade green bean casserole with cheese, sour cream, corn, and topped with Ritz crackers is just so delicious. It's creamy, cheesy, and absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 1 can Whole Corn drained thoroughly
- 1 can French-Style Green Beans drained
- 1 can Water Chestnuts drained
- 1/2 c. Sweet Yellow Onion diced or chopped, can use 1 T. onion flakes.
- 1/2 c. Sour Cream
- 1 can Cream of Celery or Mushroom Soup
- 1 c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese also, Gruyere would be great.
- 6 T. Melted Butter
- 1/2 t. Garlic Powder
- 1 tube Ritz Crackers crumbled
Spray a casserole dish (9 x 13 or equivalent).
Layer the first four ingredients.
Mix together the sour cream and soup.
Pour the soup mixture on top of onions.
Sprinkle cheese on top of soup mixture.
Sprinkle all with garlic powder.
Sprinkle the crumbled crackers on top.
Pour the melted butter over the crackers.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1.2mg