Stovetop Caprese Pasta Bake
This STOVETOP CAPRESE PASTA BAKE is a one pot wonder! So simple, easy, and full of flavor. Our entire family loves this delicious pasta and it couldn't be easier! Loaded with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
- 1 pound dry pasta small or medium sized works best
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 jar 23.50 ounces marinara sauce or any tomato-based pasta sauce
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese divided
- 4 ounces mozzarella pearls divided
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes halved, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil divided
Heat oven to 350°F. Butter or spray a 3-quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
Fill a large pot with water and add 1-teaspoon table salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and dried basil. Bring water to a boil and cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
While pasta cooks, combine marinara sauce, heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 ounces mozzarella pearls, 1-cup cherry tomatoes and 2 tablespoons fresh basil in a large bowl and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with 2 ounces mozzarella pearls and 1 cup grape tomatoes.
Cook 30 minutes, or until hot throughout. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons fresh basil.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 588mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 1.6mg