Best Cincinnati Chili Recipe
Cincinnati Chili is loaded with ground beef, beans, and onions in the most unique chili sauce, and served on a pillow of spaghetti. Both savory and sweet, this Cincinnati Chili recipe is a must for any chili lover!
- 1 lb. Spaghetti - cooked and drained
- 2-4 c. Shredded Cheese your favorite Cheddar or Cheddar blend
- 2 cans beans black or red are our favorites
- 1 onion - diced NOT sauteed
- 1 package pkg. Oyster Crackers or your favorites
NOTE: read through carefully before starting. Some ingredients like the meat and veggies call for COOKED ingredients.
- 3 pounds ground chuck boiled and drained
- 1 quart water
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions sauteed
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic - sauteed with the onion the last minute of sauteing
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 pkg. Williams Chicken Chili Seasoning
- 1/2 pkg Williams Chili Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon sugar - dissolved in 1/4 c. hot water
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
Add all the chili ingredients in a large stove-top pan.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer at least 2 hours. (add a little water if it starts to thicken too much)
Serve on a bed of spaghetti and top with cheese, beans, onion and crackers (or a combo of your faves).
Calories: 864kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 167mg | Sodium: 677mg | Potassium: 932mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 830IU | Vitamin C: 5.8mg | Calcium: 371mg | Iron: 5.4mg