Apple Pie Cupcakes
Apple Pie Cupcakes are one of the most delicious, EASY recipes on The Cookie Rookie. Apple Pie filling is stuffed into a pre-made cinnamon roll base to create the ultimate EASY Caramel Apple Cupcakes. This Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cupcakes Recipe has been a winner at our house, especially for Summer and Fall!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup store bought apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips or butterscotch chips
- 1 can 12.4 oz Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- icing from the cinnamon rolls package optional
- whipped cream optional
- caramel-flavored syrup optional
preheat oven to 400F. lightly spray muffin or cupcake tin.
mix together butter, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, and baking chips. set aside
take out 1 1/2 cups of apples from the filling container (i don't like a ton of the apple sauce that comes in the storebought filling containers...so i separated the apples as much as i could.) chop into small pieces. set aside
take each cinnamon roll and flatten into a thin disc. place each in a muffin cup. press them down firmly into each muffin/cupcake cup and try to bring them up the sides as much as possible. (see pic above)
place a spoonful of apple filling into each cup
top each with the brown sugar/walnut mixture
bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked.
take out of the oven and allow to cool slightly before taking out of muffin/cupcake tin
drizzle each with the icing and top with whipped cream and caramel (optional)
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.5mg