Cheeseburger Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
This CHEESEBURGER STUFFED JALAPENO POPPERS recipe is a fun and delicious game day appetizer! We love these spicy bites for tailgating, parties, or a tasty night spent at home.
- 16 jalapeno peppers cut in half length wise, seeds and veins discarded***
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1 ounce packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ***the seeds and veins are the spiciest part of the jalapeno. Be sure to remove as much as possible when hollowing out each half pepper.
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Cut each jalapeno in half length wise and use a knife and spoon to hollow out the veins and seeds from each pepper. Add the jalapenos to the baking sheet.
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the beef and crumble as it cooks. About half way through cooking, stir in the taco seasoning. When no longer pink, drain if need be and set aside.
Stuff each half jalapeno with 1 teaspoon cream cheese, followed by a heaping of beef, and then sprinkled with cheddar. Repeat with all of the jalapenos.
Bake for 25-35 minutes or until jalapenos are cooked to your liking and cheese is fully melted.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 44.3mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg