Strawberry Shortcake Pie
This STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE PIE is the ultimate Summer sweet treat! Layers of strawberries, cream, and pound cake make for an easy strawberry shortcake recipe that is sure to please.
- 10- inch deep-dish pie crust baked and cooled (store-bought crust is fine)
- 1 16 oz Sara Lee All-Butter Pound Cake cut into ¼-inch slices
- 6 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cups confectioner’s powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate melting chips melted
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared whipped topping
- 2 pints fresh strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 16 oz. tub strawberry glaze
- Optional Garnishes & Decorations:
- Whipped cream or whipped topping melted chocolate, melted white chocolate, strawberries, mint leaves
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat on HIGH until light and smooth. Add powdered sugar, melted white chocolate, almond extract and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Set aside.
For the Strawberry Glaze:
Set aside 4 strawberries to slice and use as decoration/garnish.
Mix together the remaining sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze. Set aside.
Spread ½ cream cheese filling over the prepared pie crust.
Place cake slices over the cream cheese filling-cut the cake slices to cover the holes where needed.
Spread ½ strawberry mixture over the cream cheese filling.
Place cake slices over strawberry mixture.
Spread ½ cream cheese filling over the cake layer.
Spread ½ strawberry mixture over cream cheese filling.
Decorate the strawberry top layer with dollops of Cool Whip, drizzle with melted chocolate or white chocolate, strawberries and mint leaves.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 389mg | Potassium: 156mg | Sugar: 42g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1.8mg