Beef Tortilla Soup
BEEF TORTILLA SOUP is such an easy and delicious comfort food! Loaded with spices, corn, tomatoes, and everything you'd expect from the perfect tortilla soup. Top with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, and all the fixings for the ultimate easy tortilla soup!
- 2 lbs lean ground chuck browned and drained of grease
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes or generic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cups water
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled steak sauce your favorite
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can red beans drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- Juice of ½ fresh lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Tortilla chips like regular Tostitos
- Shredded cheese Mexican blend, Cheddar or your favorite
- Optional Toppings:
- Sour Cream
- Avocado slices
Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or soup pan.
Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add minced garlic and cook and additional 30 seconds.
Add ingredients (including the browned ground chuck), but NOT the cilantro, chips and cheese.
Cover the pot, bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer 45-60 minutes.
Add freshly chopped cilantro and stir well.
Pour soup into heatproof bowls and top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
If desired, garnish with avocado slices and/or sour cream.
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1070IU | Vitamin C: 30.3mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 4.6mg