Slow Cooker Velveeta Broccoli Rice Casserole
Broccoli Rice Casserole is a holiday classic and this Slow Cooker Velveeta Broccoli Rice Casserole is our go-to holiday side dish. Using a Crockpot is such an easy way to make cheesy broccoli and rice casserole. This Thanksgiving and Christmas favorite is easier than ever when made in a slow cooker!
- 1½ cup Minute Rice
- ¾ lb. Velveeta Cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 14.4 ounces frozen broccoli chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes or ¼ cup onion minced
- 1 can water chestnuts drained and diced, 8 oz.
- 10.5 ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup use canned or click for homemade recipe
- 1 can unsalted chicken broth OR beef broth, 10½ oz.
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup white wine opt.
- ½ teaspoon black pepper ground
- Optional topping:
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers.
- ¼ cup butter melted
Turn slow cooker to desired temperature.
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir thoroughly.
Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4 hours.
If desired (and if your crock pot has removable crock), combine crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle the cracker/butter mixture over cooked casserole and place under oven broiler to brown. It can burn quickly, so watch closely.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1010mg | Potassium: 465mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1270IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 409mg | Iron: 1.9mg