Mini Caprese Tarts
Servings: 18 servings
These Mini Caprese Tarts are incredibly delicious snack bites made with tomatoes, mozzarell,a and buttery pastry.
- 17 ounce package puff pastry dough
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes sliced into 18 thin slices
- 6 ounces fresh whole milk mozzarella cubed into 1-inch blocks
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
Using the top of a wine glass (or a biscuit cutter), cut out 9 circles per sheet of puff pastry.
Place the dough circles on the prepared baking sheet.
Using a paring knife, score an inner circle into each puff pastry, about 1/4 of an inch in. Use the tip of the knife to prick the center of each circle 2-3 times.
Add a slice of tomato on each circle and then drizzle 3 or 4 drops of balsamic vinegar onto each tomato slice.
Top each tomato slice with some chopped basil.
Add a cube of mozzarella cheese to each tart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until puff pastry is fully cooked and golden brown.
Remove from the oven to a tray and serve.
- Make sure to buy puff pastry for this recipe.
- Roma tomatoes work best for this recipe but you can use any fresh tomatoes you like.
- Whole-milk mozzarella has the best flavor.
- Don't be tempted to use dried basil; it won't give the same fresh flavor.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 66mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 243IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg