Pumpkin Pie Jello Shot Recipe
There are Jello shots, and there are Jello shots--you know? Some just stand out more than others. And let me tell you, this Jello shot recipe is the BEST for all of your fall parties! These Pumpkin Pie Shots are tasty, fun, and easy... perfect for Thanksgiving or Halloween.
- 2 packages refrigerated premade pie crust enough for two crusts. These often come two to a package.
- 1/2 ounce unflavored gelatin powder use 2 packets, 1/4 ounce each
- 1 1/4 cup water divided
- 1/3 cup spiced pumpkin pie filling or unspiced canned pumpkin + 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup white rum or vodka
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon whipping cream heavy cream
- whipped cream, for garnish or whipped topping, optional
Unroll pie dough and cut into small c.ircles (I used the top of an ice tea glass to get small circles.) Place circles in small muffin/cupcake tin and bake according to package instructions. Set aside and allow to cool.
Pour 1 cup water into a medium saucepan and sprinkle gelatin packets over water. Let sit for 2 minutes before turning on heat.
Turn stove to medium-high heat and add pumpkin pie filling and sugar, stirring as you add. Allow to simmer and then turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
Add rum or vodka, heavy cream, and an additional 1/4 cup water to the mixture and stir until well combined.
Pour gelatin mixture into pie crusts and place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours
Top with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
- Cut pie crust dough to fit your mini muffin pan. A skinny glass, a small biscuit cutter or a shot glass will work. Get creative to find what works for your sized pan!
- Pumpkin pie filling works best in this recipe. You can use solid-packed pumpkin as well, but you'll want to add pumpkin pie spice and some sweetener for the best effect.
- When you sprinkle gelatin over water and let it stand, that process is called blooming.
- If you have a party you'll be attending, be sure to make these Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots the day (or night) before. These shots need at least 8 hours to set.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1264IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg