Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Servings: 4 servings
Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken, an easy and delicious dinner everyone can enjoy! Instead of ordering out, make this in your crockpot. You won't be sorry.
- 2 lbs. bonesless skinless chicken tenders sliced into small strips
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. ketchup
- 1 T. dark brown sugar
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces diced water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashew halves optional
- sliced green onion for garnish
Heat oil on medium high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook each side for 2 minutes until browned.
Place chicken in the slow cooker and top with soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and water chestnuts (optional).
Stir to combine.
Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
minutes before done, stir in cashews.
Serve over rice. Enjoy!
- Don't be tempted to add more liquid it doesn't seem like much in the slow cooker but it's enough
- You can also use chicken thighs in the recipe (boneless and skinless)
- Make sure to add the cashews in at the end so they have crunch and bite to them
- Add more or less red pepper flakes to your preference
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1150mg | Potassium: 1106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 3.3mg