One Hour Easy Pear Butter
Pears are all the rage this Fall, and for good reason! This One Hour Easy Pear Butter is the perfect quick treat!
- 3 15 ounce cans chopped pears drained (or about 6 pears, cored and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional
- 1 star anise totally optional
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to combine.
Bring to a boil, then cover (cover partially to allow steam to leave the pot) and simmer for 50 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom doesn't burn.
After the mixture has cooked down and the pears are super soft, transfer to a food processor (remove the star anises) or blender.
Blend until completely smooth.
Store in a mason jar for up to 3 weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!
- Simmer the ingredients with the lid partially covering the pot. This will help to trap some of the steam so that it doesn't dry out.
- Stir the pear butter occasionally as it cooks so that it doesn't burn to the bottom of the pan.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 6.1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.5mg