Creamy Taco Salad Bowl
TACO SALAD is one of my favorite weeknight meals. It's simple, fresh, and easy to make. Taco Bowls are like a healthy version of my favorite Mexican dishes! We just love these CREAMY TACO SALAD BOWLS any night of the week. With a homemade tortilla bowl and loaded with all the toppings, this recipe can't be beat.
- 4 10 inch flour tortillas
- Olive Oil divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 ounce taco seasoning click for homemade recipe!
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 large romaine hearts chopped/shredded (or 1 large head iceberg lettuce)
- 16 ounces black beans
- 5 ounces sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 ounces green chiles, drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes chopped
- 5 ounces nacho cheese chips such as doritos
- 1/2 cup thin salsa store-bought or click for recipe
- 3/4 cup creamy ranch store-bought or click for recipe
Preheat oven to 425F. Brush or spray both sides of each tortilla with olive oil. Place torillas inside oven safe bowls to create the shape you desire. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Set aside.
In a dutch oven over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add beef. Crumble as it cooks. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce and allow to cook down until it's your desired consistency. Drain excess sauce.
In a large bowl mix together the lettuce, beef, beans, olives, cheese, onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and chips. Toss to combine.
In a small container stir together the dressing and salsa. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
Calories: 934kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 2757mg | Potassium: 1578mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2540IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 356mg | Iron: 8mg