Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken Bake
Servings: 4 servings
Italian inspired Bruschetta Chicken with a creamy, cheesy sauce and topped with fresh and zingy tomatoes. This chicken dish is super comforting and perfect served with your favorite pasta or rice!
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves stacked, rolled and minced
- 1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg plus 1 tablespoon water, whisked
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes drained
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl, mix together parmesan and basil
In a separate bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, greek yogurt, and garlic.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken in egg/water mixture and then press into parmesan mixture to coat.
Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and lay chicken in pan.
Pour greek yogurt mixture over chicken.
Pour drained can of tomatoes over chicken.
Cover loosely with foil and cook for 30 minutes on 350 degrees.
Remove foil and cook another 20 minutes.
Place one slice of cheese over each breast and cook for 5 more minutes (or broil until melty).
Serve with pasta or rice. Enjoy!
- You can use any good melting cheese instead of mozzarella
- Don't use dried basil instead of fresh as it doesn't have a fresh and fragrant flavor
- You can prep this dish in advance then pop it in the fridge a few hours to 1 day in advance before cooking
- You can store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days then heat it up in the oven when you're ready to eat
- Try topping with balsamic glaze for extra sweetness.
- Pesto is also a great addition to change things up!
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 727mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 583IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 516mg | Iron: 2mg