Cheeseburger Soup with Bacon Croutons
Cheeseburger Soup is a savory, delicious soup with classic all-American flavors. This Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe is filled with everything you'd expect from a good cheeseburger, plus topped with homemade bacon croutons. Easy to make, hard to stop eating!
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2½ pounds about 4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 2½ cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt like Lowry’s or Penzey’s
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce like Frank’s
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Bacon Croutons for garnish, click for recipe
Cook ground chuck in a large skillet set over medium heat until cooked through. Drain and set aside.
Return the skillet to the heat and add the oil and butter. When the butter has melted and the oil is hot, sauté the onions until translucent and tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the parsley, potatoes, chicken broth, seasoned salt, black pepper, hot sauce and cooked beef. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer until potatoes are tender or about 10-15 minutes. Stir often.
Add milk and simmer 5 minutes or until soup has thickened a little. Stir often.
Remove soup from heat and add both cheeses. Stir until cheese melts. (If necessary, return the soup to low heat and cook just until the cheeses melt.)
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with favorite toppings.
Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 1394mg | Potassium: 1229mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 785IU | Vitamin C: 17.6mg | Calcium: 550mg | Iron: 7.1mg