Green Bean and Corn Casserole with Cheese
Green Bean and Corn Casserole is a classic holiday side dish that fills me with nostalgia. This homemade green bean casserole with cheese, sour cream, corn, and topped with crumbled crackers is just so delicious. It's creamy, cheesy, and absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 12 ounce can whole corn drained thoroughly
- 12 ounce can French-style green beans drained
- 6 ounce can water chestnuts drained
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow onion diced or chopped, can use 1 T. onion flakes.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounce can cream of celery or mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese also, Gruyere would be great.
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 Ritz crackers or other buttery crackers, crumbled
Spray a casserole dish (9x13-inch or equivalent). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Layer the corn, beans, water chestnuts, and onion in the casserole dish.
Mix together the sour cream and soup and pour over the vegetables.
Sprinkle cheese and garlic powder over the soup mixture.
Sprinkle the crumbled crackers on top.
Pour the melted butter over the crackers.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 719IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 1mg