Rice Pilaf with Apples and Raisins
Rice Pilaf is a great side dish for any meal. Make it better by spicing it up with some cinnamon, apples, and raisins like we did in this easy rice pilaf recipe! It's perfect for holidays or any hearty dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion about 1 cup, diced
- 1 Gala or Granny Smith apple cored and diced
- 1½ cup uncooked Jasmine or Basmati rice
- 2½ cups chicken stock or water
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add butter and stir until it melts.
Add diced onion and apple; sauté until onion is translucent and apple and onion are tender, 5-6 minutes.
Add rice and stir often until lightly browned; 6-8 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Fluff with a fork, serve and…
Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.7mg