Pasta Pomodoro Recipe
Servings: 4 people
This Italian pasta pomodoro recipe is made with fresh tomatoes and a light and flavorful sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal and made using simple ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 15 ounce can crushed or petite-diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound dried spaghetti cooked to al dente
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese grated or shaved
Heat olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat.
Add fresh tomatoes, salt and pepper and sauté, stirring often, 1 minute.
Add minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute.
Add broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked pasta and chopped basil; stir often and cook 3-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
Serve in individual dishes and garnish with fresh basil leaves, shaved Parmesan and grated Parmesan.
Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 710mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 697IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg