Servings: 8 people
Easy cowboy caviar recipe is simple to make and takes just 10 minutes. Dressed in a light vinaigrette, this appetizer is perfect to feed a crowd and can be made ahead of time. Healthy, vegan and gluten-free.
FOR COWBOY CAVIAR
- 4 roma tomatoes diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced (seeds removed)
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced (seeds and spine removed)
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn no need to thaw
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the cowboy caviar.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the cowboy caviar and stir to combine/coat.
Store in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips.
- If you prefer this to be very spicy, leave the seeds in the jalapeno.
- Optional add-ins: avocado chunks (if adding, stir in right before serving), crumbled feta, sweet red pepper.
Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 523IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 3mg