Servings: 4 people
Burgundy mushrooms are an easy side dish that is packed full of flavor. The mushrooms are slow cooked in red wine and is a perfect accompaniment to your Christmas dinner. They can be made several days ahead of time and are quick to prep.
- 2 pounds white button mushrooms
- 1 750ml bottle burgundy or other dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 beef or chicken bouillon cubes
- ½ teaspoon Bouquet Garni herb blend or dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt
Gently rinse the mushrooms with cold water and trim any tough part of the stems.
In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, add all ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 5 hours.
Uncover and simmer an additional 1 hour.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for later. The mushrooms will keep up to 3 days.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1011mg | Potassium: 829mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 709IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg