3 Bean Salad Recipe
Servings: 8 people
This cold 3 bean salad is so easy to make and is dressed in a zingy and sweet vinaigrette. Make it days ahead of time for an easy holiday side dish that everyone will love.
- 29 ounces Cut Green & Wax Beans drained (2 cans)
- 14.5 ounces red beans rinsed & drained (1 can)
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Refrigerate in an airtight container overnight or up to 3 days before serving (stir daily for best results).
The beans will keep (refrigerated) up to 7 days (remember to stir daily, if possible).
- If Cut Green & Wax Beans (in one can) aren’t available, substitute 1 can Cut Green Beans and 1 can Cut Wax Beans.
- Be sure to rinse the beans well as they can be quite salty straight out of the can.
- Let the salad sit for at least 8 hours before serving to let the flavors develop.
- Don't forget to garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, it adds a wonderful freshness to the dish.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 793IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3mg