Banana Muffins Recipe
Servings: 15 people
Perfectly sweet, loaded with warming spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, light, fluffy and so easy to make. These are the Best Banana Muffins!
- 3/4 cup overripe bananas, mashed 3 bananas
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and eggs.
Over the wet ingredients, sprinkle on flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and walnuts. stir until incorporated. Do not over mix.
Fill well-greased or lined muffin tins until 2/3 full.
Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and the muffins spring back when pressed.
Allow to cool in muffin tins for five minutes before transferring muffins to a cooling rack.
- I used salted butter in this recipe. If using unsalted butter you may want to consider adding a pinch of extra salt to your batter.
- Walnuts are a completely optional addition. They still taste delicious without, if you want nut free muffins.
- If you have overripe bananas but aren’t ready to use them, store them in a ziploc (peel on) and freeze them for later. Then thaw in the fridge or at room temp. Make sure to pat dry unfrozen bananas before use as they store more moisture.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center after 20 minutes, then continue baking only if you see wet batter on the toothpick.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 226IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg