Best Greek Salad Recipe
Servings: 4 people
This Traditional Greek Salad is healthy, delicious and so easy to make! Cucumbers, feta, olives and other goodies are drizzled in a light Greek salad dressing. Simple, fresh and delicious!
For the salad:
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes cut in quarters or halves, depending on the size
- 1 cucumber peeled, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into stripes or cubes (note 1)
- 1 red bell pepper cut into stripes or cubes
- 1 red onion cut into rings
- 1 block feta cheese 8 oz, cut into cubes
- 1 cup olives note 2
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar white
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste
Toss all ingredients for the salad except for the feta in a bowl.
Pour the dressing over it and give it a stir.
Mix in the feta cheese.
Serve with fresh bread or flatbread if you like
- Double the ingredients to feed around 12-14 people as a side dish.
- This is a salad that really lets these simple ingredients shine. So, the better quality your ingredients have the better your salad will be.
- You can top with a sprinkle of oregano or mint.
- A traditional Greek Salad is topped with sliced feta not crumbled ( if you're a feat fan, it's far more satisfying that way!).
- Serve with fresh bread or flatbread if you like.
- You are free to use just one color of bell peppers, traditionally green ones are used. For more color use green and yellow ones.
- Common is the use of kalamata olives, but I used a mix. Use whatever olives you like most
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 1186mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2039IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 352mg | Iron: 2mg