Roasted Tomatoes with Balsamic and Basil
Servings: 6 people
This easy recipe is perfect to serve as part of an appetizer, on top of a salad or as a side. These roasted tomatoes with balsamic are simple to make and bursting with flavor.
- 6-8 stems tomatoes on the vine. See note
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper I used flake salt
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place tomatoes on baking sheet.
Use a brush to brush the tomatoes with olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and some begin to burst.
Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil.
Serve and enjoy!
- Use ripe tomatoes for the sweetest flavors.
- You can also use tomatoes off the vine. Using loose cherry tomatoes or glory tomatoes is fine. The instructions are the same.
- Roast the tomatoes in a pre-heated oven so that they cook evenly.
- The tomatoes will be very hot inside, so let them sit for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 471IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg