Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
Servings: 12 people
These chocolate chip banana bars are super easy to make and perfect to serve as a snack or dessert. All of the flavor of your favorite banana cake in bar form!
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips divided
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl, with a whisk or electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and eggs.
Add the banana, buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Fold in 1 ¼ cups of the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- The more ripe your bananas are the sweeter and more banana flavored these bars will be.
- If you don’t have buttermilk on hand you can add a tablespoon of lemon juice to ¾ cup of milk. The acid in the lemon juice ferments the milk and acts as a raising agent.
- Don't over mix the batter, the dry ingredients should be just combined.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into bars.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 35g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2mg