Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
Servings: 8 people
A slice of moist banana bread is never a bad idea, and when it's chocolate flavored that's even better! Super quick to prep, it comes out so perfectly and it's one of my favorite treats!
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon Kosher sea salt
- ½ Cup 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Light brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup bitter sweet chocolate chips divided
Preheat oven to 350°F, grease 9x5 loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, set aside.
In a large bowl, mash bananas then add melted butter. Stir to combine.
Add brown sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream. Mix well.
Gradually add dried ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
Fold in chocolate chips, reserving ¼ cup for the top of the bread.
Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 60 minutes, oven times may vary, check for doneness at 50 minutes, and every 5-10 minutes after that until a toothpick comes out batter free.
Allow to nearly completely cool to room temperature before removing from pan.
- Use very ripe bananas for the richest and sweetest flavor.
- Bake the bread in a pre-heated oven so that it cooks evenly all the way through.
- Be careful to not over-bake your banana bread. It’s done when a tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 532IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg