Instant Pot Ribs
Servings: 6 people
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs are flavor packed, fall off the bone tender and utterly irresistible!
- ½ c chopped onion
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 3 Tbs liquid smoke
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3.5 lbs ribs
- Spice rub recipe below
- BBQ sauce optional*
For the Rub:
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
Combine ingredients for rub recipe in a small bowl and set aside.
Prep the ribs by patting them down with a paper towel. Next, remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Generously season ribs with rub on both sides.
Place onion, garlic, liquid smoke, worcestershire sauce, chicken broth and bay leaves into the bottom of the instant pot and stir just to combine. Place steam basket or rack in instant pot on top of chicken broth mixture. Gently coil ribs and place them on top of the rack. Put the lid on and seal.
Press Manual button and set for 26 minutes and let cook. Once they are cooked, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before manually releasing.
Prep a sheet pan with tin foil and lay ribs flat on top of it. Generously coat the top and sides with your favorite BBQ sauce and place in the oven to broil for 5 minutes. Watch carefully as broiling for too long will burn them.
Once they are out of the oven, cut between the ribs and serve with your favorite sides or eat by themselves and enjoy!
- Make sure to pat down the ribs, to remove any excess moisture.
- Use a butter knife to remove the membrane from the ribs.
- Once the ribs are cooked, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before manually releasing.
- If you have an air fryer, you can finish the ribs off in there. Cut the rack in half, slather with BBQ sauce and place both halves side by side in the air fryer basket for 4 min on high.
- BBQ sauce is optional but totally recommended.
- You can use frozen ribs, but before freezing them, dry rub them first and cut the ribs into thirds, so they fit into the pressure cooker.
- Serve with your favorite sides, creamy sides like coleslaw work great - but so do a lot of things - have fun!
Calories: 878kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 75g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 1135mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 288IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 5mg