Cheesy Buffalo Stuffed Chicken
Servings: 4 people
This delicious stuffed buffalo chicken recipe is so tasty and ready to serve in 30 minutes. Cooked in one skillet, it's an easy meal that the whole family will love!
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo sauce divided
- 1/2 cup Creamy Ranch Dressing divided (I used Marie's)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Crumbled blue cheese for serving
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, ½ cup buffalo sauce, ¼ cup Creamy Ranch Dressing, cheddar, and chives. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper
Use a sharp knife to carefully cut a pocket lengthwise in each chicken breast.
Stuff each chicken breast with the filling. You may want to secure with toothpicks depending on how much filling you use.
Place a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add the olive oil and allow to heat until glistening.
Add the chicken breasts to the skillet. Brush the tops of each breast with ½ of the remaining buffalo sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
Flip the chicken breasts and brush with the remaining buffalo sauce. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Flip once more, basting in the sauce if desired. Cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F (1-2 minutes more).
Remove from the heat and drizzle with the remaining ¼ cup Creamy Ranch Dressing. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.
- Take care to not cut all the way through the chicken breasts when you make the pocket.
- If the chicken breasts don't close once you've stuffed them, secure them in place with toothpicks. Just remember to remove them before serving!
- The oil should be hot and glistening when you add the chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 2501mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 732IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1mg