Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings: 36 cookies
These light and fluffy zucchini chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and a delight to eat! Read to enjoy in less than 30 minutes and made with simple ingredients.
- ½ cup 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup freshly shredded zucchini unpeeled (about half a zucchini, patted dry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts chopped, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter and both types of sugar until light and fluffy, about one to two minutes.
Mix in eggs, zucchini, and vanilla.
Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until just combined.
Fold in chocolate chips, oats, and walnuts.
Drop 2 tablespoon portions of dough (I used a cookie scoop for this step) onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Separate at least 2 inches apart.
Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are golden brown around the edges. (9 minutes seemed to be perfect in my oven).
- The dough will be a little wet and sticky. This is fine because the cookie will end up very fluffy. Using a cookie scoop for this is the best option so the dough doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- I don't peel the zucchini before grating them, but if you have little ones that won't touch anything green, then by all means peel them.
- These cookies bake pretty quickly so be sure to keep your eye on them. They are baked when they are firm on top and the edges have turned a golden brown color.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 114IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg