Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Servings: 24 cookies
Delicious and easy, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are perfectly chewy and sweetened with honey for one tasty treat! Oatmeal cookies never tasted so good!
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Stir in eggs and honey until mixed together.
Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
Fold in sweetened coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
Drop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Don't overwork your cookie dough, or too much gluten will develop. The flour should be just combined before you fold in your coconut and chocolate.
- It's best to cream your butter with a stand mixer rather than by hand. This way you get more air into the dough and your cookies will be light and fluffy.
- Soften your butter before making the cookies. I like to take mine out of the fridge an hour before I plan to make them.
- Place the cookie dough on a parchment lined sheet so that they don't get stuck.
- Allow room between the balls of dough on the baking sheet as they will spread during baking.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 155IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg