Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge
Servings: 50 people
This yummy salted caramel chocolate fudge is the perfect sweet treat for the festive season! It's so easy and quick to make homemade fudge and it's always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sweetened and condensed milk
- ¼ cup salted butter (½ stick)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Coarse ground salt or flakes
In a microwavable bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips, the sweetened and condensed milk, salted butter, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
Microwave the mixture in intervals of ten to thirty seconds or until everything is mixed smoothly together. Make sure this is done in intervals.
Once everything is melted, pour in the vanilla extract and stir until combined. Make sure you do this quickly, as the chocolate may start to harden. The mixture should be quite thick.
Quickly pour mixture into a greased and parchment lined 8x8 inch baking pan. Set aside.
Drizzle the caramel topping over the chocolate to create caramel swirls throughout the mixture.
Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until everything firms up.
Top with coarse ground salt or flakes, cut into small rectangles, and serve.
- Be sure to line your baking sheet with parchment. If you don't, the fudge can get stuck to the tin. Let the parchment overlap the tin so that you can remove it easily.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave, stirring between intervals, so that it doesn't burn. You can also melt it in a double boiler on the stovetop.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg